How long to bake chicken? there are endless ways to cook chicken. The cuisine in this offers us many ideas and succulent ideas, all to be experienced. Even if every single recipe has its own cooking time, there are general indications that can be valid in most cases, especially if the chicken is not in the company of any other ingredient. So, always starting from the assumption that the chicken can be cooked whole or in pieces, let’s take a look together at what are the cooking times of the chicken.
The most classic recipe is certainly the one made in the oven. If it is whole, the cooking time will vary from 1 hour and 1/2 for the oven and ventilated, to about 2 hours for the static oven. If it is in pieces, in the static oven just 1 hour and 1/2 of baking time will suffice. With a ventilated oven, however, it will take just one hour to have chicken pieces cooked to perfection and ready to be enjoyed.
How many times have you boiled chicken to make soup?
You should know that its optimal cooking time is about 1 1/2 hours if the chicken is whole, or 40 minutes if it has been cut into pieces.
All strictly over low heat, as Grandma would like.
This is one of the tastiest preparations we can make of chicken. What’s not good fried? Again we recommend using the chicken in pieces, but beware of the parts to be cooked, because each has a timing of its own.
In fact, we recommend 5 minutes of cooking for the chest, 10 for the wings, 15 for the spindles and about 20 for the thighs. And less than a few minutes to brush away the dish.
Again you have to pay attention to the parts of the chicken you will be cooking, because not all of them have the same preparation times.
Fusions and overthighs require a cooking time of about 20 minutes, the chicken breast cooks in maximum 10 minutes, while the rooster takes 40 minutes with strong heat.
In a frying pan
For optimal preparation of the chicken in a pan, we recommend using it cut into pieces. Cover the pan with a lid and cook over medium heat for 25-30 minutes with a little water and wine if you prefer. In this way the meat will become tender and tasty. After this time, remove the lid and brown the chicken until cooked. And then enjoy it!
Chicken in the kitchen
Chicken salads, chicken rolls, chicken skewers, baked chicken, fried chicken, beer chicken, hunter chicken, almond chicken, curry chicken… and more… stuffed chicken breast, stew, stew, cutlets, cutlets, cutlets, cordon bleu, hamburgers, nuggets. The chicken, with any cut and in any recipe you decide to bring it to the table proves to be a food to always be included in the shopping list. Cooking and enjoying white meat, in particular poultry meat, is in fact a healthy and delicious way to eat protein dishes without exceeding with fat. Chicken ensures a high intake of protein and iron, while it is very low in fat and calories. An ideal food for those who need to stay on line, but also for children. Depending on the cut, it can be cooked in many recipes, from the most traditional (Italian and ethnic) to the innovative ones, always respecting the portfolio with not excessive prices and relatively little waste.
Unfortunately, at the time of purchase, free-range chicken is not always easily available. But in the butcher’s shop and on the market you can still find very respectable chickens raised on the ground and not in battery. How to recognize them regardless of the label? The quality can be seen from the appearance of the meat (firm and elastic) and the skin (not damp and sticky but dry) as well as the flexibility of the bones. Normally on sale are both the whole chicken and the chicken pieces and chicken parts. The former is usually available already cleaned and emptied of the guts and, in some cases, even open. Warning: it is easily affected by the heat, returning from shopping so hurry to put it as soon as possible in the refrigerator. If stored correctly, the chicken meat is kept in the fridge for a few days and in the freezer for 3 months. Any other precautions? Before cooking it is a good rule to rinse it very well under running water and when you bring it to the table make sure it is really cooked.
Whole chicken breast with zucchini
1) To prepare the whole chicken breast with zucchini cut into strips two zucchini and roast only on one side on the hot grill or on a cast iron plate. Meanwhile, mix 1 tablespoon of white vinegar, 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, 3 tablespoons of oil, a pinch of salt, chopped parsley and thyme and make a sauce.
2) With half of this sauce brush two chicken breasts (about 700 g), put them on the grill or on the plate and cook them for about 4 minutes on each side. Make regular cuts on one side and cook for another 2 minutes on each side. Then, slice the meat following the cuts already made.
3) Serve the chicken breasts with the zucchini ribbons and sprinkle with the rest of the sauce.
Escalope with herbs
1) Boil the potatoes. Peel 4 large potatoes, wash them under cold running water and cut them into pieces. Transfer to a saucepan, cover with plenty of water and cook, salting when it boils. Calculate about 15 minutes of cooking with the lid: they should be tender. In the meantime, cut 1 chicken breast about 600 g in weight into slices, remove any fatty parts, place each between 2 sheets of greaseproof paper and flatten it gently with a meat tenderizer to thin it. Repeat this procedure also for the other slices.
2) Prepare the meat. Grate the rind of 1 untreated lemon, keep it aside and squeeze both 2 lemons to get the juice. Chop 1 bunch of mixed herbs: parsley, thyme, chives, basil. Pass the chicken slices in the flour and shake them to eliminate the excess. Brown on both sides in a non-stick pan with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and remove from the pan. Pour half the lemon juice and 1 glass of dry white wine into the pan, let it evaporate, add 1 ladle of hot vegetable stock and thicken. Add a few flakes of butter, gather the slices and cook for 3-4 minutes.
3) Complete and serve. Sprinkle the escalope with the herbs and grated lemon rind and keep warm. Drain the boiled potatoes, mash them with a fork and season with 2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, a few drops of tabasco, the remaining lemon juice, salt and pepper. Place the pasta cutter on a plate, fill it with the mashed potatoes, even out the surface and remove the pasta cutter. Shape another 3 potato pies in the same way. Serve the escalope with hot herbs with the cakes, decorating, as desired, with herbs.
1) Brown 1 onion in thin slices with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar, let it caramelize for a few moments, then add 1 teaspoon of curry powder and let it season for a couple of minutes.
2) Cut 800 g of chicken breast into strips and brown it in the pan with the fried curry. Blend the meat with 1 glass of white wine, season with salt and pepper and season to taste with a little chopped fresh coriander.
3) Serve the chicken curry on the table, if you accompany it with a simple boiled Basmati rice you will have a tasty but light dish!
The chicken curry in its many versions is one of the most popular oriental dishes in the West. Perhaps because, despite having unusual combinations, it does not differ too much from our tastes. Served with chapati bread or pilaf rice, it becomes a complete but light single course. If you want a more elegant presentation, press each portion of rice cooked in a teacup and then turn the cupola upside down on the plate!